Mux to inform them of what we consider to be acceptable or unacceptable acts in relation to dealing with user information. This policy also aims to tell you how to manage certain aspects of Mux platform that stores user information, along with the fact that you may, through the Mux platform, deal with others that may communicate with user information.
This policy is not an obligatory lawful agreement, or individual undertaking, or a statement or guarantee of any kind given to users, or government agencies, or natural or legal persons of any kind or status.
We have all the right, discretion and appreciation to determine the appropriate outcome of the fulfillment or breach of this policy by our stakeholders. We also reserve the right to keep these findings confidential/secret or to make them public.
Your personal information’s confidentiality and security is of significant importance to Mux. Any information about yourself that you may provide to us when using the Site, such as when you sign up for a user account or enter into a transaction through the Site, which may include (but is not limited to) your name, contact information, gender, date of birth, occupation, shall collectively be referred to as “Personal Information”. In addition, any reference to “we”, “us” and “our” shall be deemed as reference to Mux.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any consent relating to a right to transfer information referred to in this paragraph shall be deemed to include your consent to the transfer of the applicable Personal Information to a different jurisdiction, which may provide a different level of privacy protection than that available in your own country.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT:
- Your personal information when you participate in Mux platform and sign up for your account with Mux.
- When you sign up in Mux platform, we ask you about your e-mail and other information as your name, your date of birth and other optional information. Mux receive data and information from the computers you use. This information includes your activities on the server like the browser you use and the IP.
- When you use Mux, its computer servers automatically record the information you receive from the web browser you use. This information that we record include which pages of our Site you visited, IP address, operating system type, the pages you watched, the period you took on every page, date and time information, record files “logs” ( saved for not more than 6 months) and other similar information.
- Information defining cookies, it’s about simple data including some parameters sent to your browser and saved on CD or DVD. Mux uses this contact information for the purpose of keeping your preferences and the immediate access to your account in Mux (it is removed when the user logs off from the platform). You can refuse that but by this way we will not be able to provide you with the service of Mux.
- We collect information, including Personal Information, when you sign up for a user account, participate in online courses, send us email messages and/or participate in our public forums. We also collect certain usage information about student performance and patterns of learning. In addition, we track information that display records such as which pages of our Site were visited, when they were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used.
Use and Disclosure to Third Parties
Among other things, we and the educational partners, that provide courses through Mux, may use your information that will be collected via the Site (including your Personal Information). In the event that we share or disclose your Personal Information to third parties, the third-party recipients are required to handle the Personal Information in a confidential manner and to maintain adequate security to protect the information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We will disclose and share the Personal Information that is required by the third party to fulfill the purpose stated at the time of collection, such as:
- To enable the partner educational institutions to provide, administer and improve the courses.
- To help us and the educational institutions improve Mux’s offerings, both individually (e.g., by course staff when working with a student) and in aggregate, and to evaluate the access and use of the Site and the impact of Mux on the worldwide educational community.
- To track both individual and aggregate attendance, progress and completion of an online course, and to analyze statistics on student performance and the manner used by students to learn.
- To publish information, but not Personal Information, gathered about Mux’s access, use, impact and student performance.
- To send you updates about online courses offered by Mux or other events, to send you notifications about products or services of Mux, Mux affiliates, or selected business partners that may be of interest to you, or to send you email messages about any Site maintenance or updates.
- For purposes of scientific research, particularly, for example, in the areas of cognitive science and education.
- To archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- To maintain and improve the functioning and security of the Site and our software, systems and network.
Information we collect may also be shared with the educational institutions; such information (including Personal Information) may then be shared with third parties as follows:
- Service providers or contractors that perform certain functions on our or the educational institutions' behalf, including processing information that you provide to us on the Site, operating the Site or portions of it, providing or administering courses, or in connection with other aspects of Mux’s or partner institutions’ services.
- For purposes of scientific research (as above), however, we will only share Personal Information about you to the extent required to fulfill the purposes stated at the time of collection.
- To provide opportunities for you to communicate with other users who may have similar interests or educational goals. In example, we may recommend specific study partners or link potential student mentees and mentors. In such cases, we may use information collected about you to determine who might be interested in communicating with you, but we will only provide other users your username, and not disclose your real name or e-mail address to your contact.
- For integration with third party services, certain content may be hosted on websites not controlled by Mux, for example, hosting videos on YouTube.
In addition, we may share aggregated information that does not personally identify you with the public and with third parties, including but not limited to researchers and business partners.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES